THE Arthur J. Gallagher Industry Awards Night is fast approaching and nominees for the TAB Carnival of Cups Club categories have been finalised.
Flowing on from the same structure as last year, clubs will also be acknowledged for their community and fraternity engagement as well as innovation.
The nominations for the Best Club with a feature race to a maximum of $50,000 (but no less than $25,001) are:
- Bathurst – Shirley Turnbull Memorial meeting December 26, 2016
- Leeton – Breeders Plate meeting January 1, 2017
- Wagga – Wagga Cup meeting March 4, 2017
The 2016 winner of this category was Eugowra.
The nominations for the Best Club with a feature race to a maximum of $25,000 (but no less than $14,001) are:
- Orange – Banjo Patterson Cup February 12, 2017
- Parkes – Langlands Hanlon Sprint December 31, 2016
- Junee – Junee Cup January 26, 2017
The 2016 winner of this category was Parkes.
The nominations for the Best Club with a feature race to a maximum of $14,000 (but no less than $10,001) are:
- Temora – Temora Cup January 14, 2017
- West Wyalong – West Wyalong Cup April 23, 2017
- Cowra – Cowra Cup May 14, 2017
The 2016 winner of this category was West Wyalong.
The nominations for the Best Club with a feature race to a maximum of not more than $12,000 are:
- Cootamundra – Wattle Time Cup March 19, 2017
- Coolamon – Coolamon Cup, April 27, 2017
- Forbes – Forbes Services Memorial Final, April 30, 2017
The 2016 winner of this category was Griffith.
There are also awards for:
- Best Community Engagement Club
2016 winner – Goulburn
- Best Fraternity Engagement Club
2016 winner – Leeton
- Best New Innovation Club
2016 winner – Temora
This year’s TAB Carnival of Cups Club award winners will each receive a $5000 prize – $3000 of which to be used towards prizemoney and $2000 to be used for on-course promotion.
Harness Racing New South Wales would like to take this opportunity to congratulate all of the nominated clubs and look forward to the Award announcements on Saturday October 28 at the Hilton Sydney Grand Ballroom.
For tickets to the event please contact Kate Dumesny at email@example.com or (02) 9722 6672.
Approved By Dean Baring www.harnessbred.com
Driving The Future Of Harness Racing